Our 9 Step Area Rug Program
- Pre-Inspection: Rugs are inspected to determine fiber content, dye stability and condition. With fringe we always pre-qualify whether or not it may become white again
- Dry Soil Removal: Woven rugs, especially hand knotted rugs are designed to hide dry soil.
- Pre-Condition: Depending on fiber content and soiling type, the rub will be pre-treated to emulsify the soils.
- Pre-Spot and Fringe Treatment: Any potentially difficult spots will be pre-treated with special solutions to increase the chance of removal. The fringe is also pre-treated for maximum soil removal.
- Shampoo: Most rugs are cleaned with an Oriental Rug Shampoo that is especially designed to get maximum cleaning while protecting sensitive natural fibers.
- Rinse or Wash: Depending on the type of rug it will be rinsed with extraction equipment on both sides, or a full immersion cleaning will be done.
- Dry: Once the soil is rinsed away, the rug is dried on a flat surface or hung to dry in a controlled environment.
- Finishing: When the rug is dry, it is combed and finished with soft groomers made for specialty rugs.
- Post Inspection and Delivery: Our cleaning specialist will give the rug a final inspection and release it for pick up or delivery.